Bridging the gap between theory and system. I am interested in network optimization theories, and how theories change network system designs. I am currently focusing on data center networks and software defined networks.
- S. Zhao, R. Wang, J. Zhou, J. Ong, J. C. Mogul, and A. Vahdat, "Minimal Rewiring: Efficient Live Expansion for Clos Data Center Networks," to appear in NSDI 2019.
- S. Zhao, X. Lin, D. Aliprantis, H. N. Villegas, and M. Chen, "Online Multi-stage Decisions for Robust Power-Grid Operations under High Renewable Uncertainty," IEEE INFOCOM, San Francisco, CA, April, 2016.
- S. Zhao, X. Lin, M. Chen, "Peak-Minimizing Online EV Charging: Price of Uncertainty and Algorithm Robustification," IEEE INFOCOM, Hong Kong, China, April, 2015.
- S. Zhao, X. Lin, "Packet-Level Rate-Control and Scheduling for Wireless Live Streaming with Stringent Deadline Constraints," IEEE INFOCOM, Toronto, Canada, April, 2014.
- S. Zhao, X. Lin, "On the Design of Scheduling Algorithms for End-to-End Backlog Minimization in Multi-hop Wireless Networks," IEEE INFOCOM, Orlando, Florida, USA, March 2012.
- S. Zhao, L. Fu, X. Wang, Q. Zhang, "Fundamental Relationship between Node Density and Delay in Wireless Ad Hoc Networks with Unreliable Links," ACM MobiCom 2011, Las Vegas, Sept. 2011.